- Concentration; "You have to concentrate on what you are doing all the time. And you must concentrate on your entire body for smooth movements" says Friedman and Eisen.
- Control; "All exercises are done with control with the muscles working to lift against gravity and the resistance of the springs and thereby control de movement of the body. The Pilates method teaches you to be in control of your body and not at its mercy." says Susanne Farrell
- Center; the center point is the focal point of the Pilates method.
- Flow: Pilates technique asserts that physical energy exerted from the center should coordinate movements of the extremities
- Precision: concentrate on the correct movements each time you exercise, lest you do them improperly and thus lose all the vital benefits of their value
- Breathing: is very important in the Pilates Method and it helps you breath correctly.
Pilates is similar to yoga, but it has different health benefits:
It strengths and stimulates the muscles throughout the body, it develops a strong core, it tones the body, it is a cardiovascular workout, it relieves stress, it allows adequate oxygen flow to muscles
Source: local.com, wikipedia.